Application Package Instructions
STOKES COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
APPLICATION PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS
Come check us out on February 11, 2024 at 3pm. – Emergency Management Building 3169 NC 8 Highway S, Walnut Cove, NC 27052.
Are you at least 20 years old and interested in starting a career in law enforcement. Come join us for a meet and greet at the Emergency Management building located at 3169 NC 8 Highway S, Walnut Cove, NC 27052.
On February 11, 2024 at 3pm we will host a job fair for the Sheriff’s Office. We will be speaking with those that are interested in a position in our detention facility. On hand for the presentation will be Chief Deputy Eric Cone, Lieutenant L. Goins, Jail Administrator, Sgt. T. Hill, Jail Sergeant, Detention Officer K. Wheeler, and Detention Officer A. Winters. At the event, those interested in employment with the Sheriff’s Office will have a chance to ask questions about the operations and see pictures of the facility.
Are you looking for a paid sponsorship for Basic Law Enforcement Training (BLET)? We are able to sponsor, pay, and send to BLET a cadet in the Fall of 2024. To be considered for a paid sponsorship, we require you to live in the county, sign an employment contract, and follow the guidelines set out for the program. We look first at those that are currently working for the Sheriff’s Office and then to those that are in the community. Working in the detention center gets you great experience to prepare you for your future and teaches you a lot of the skills you will need to be successful as a deputy sheriff.
Each of the following forms should be completed and returned to the Sheriff’s Office. These forms may be obtained by going to www.ncdoj.gov and following the Sheriffs and Standards Training Link to the forms section.
- Training and Standards Medical History Form. F-1
- Training and Standards Personal History Statement. F-3
- Training and Standards Release Authorization Form. Release of Information
- You may obtain a county application from the county’s home site at www.co.stokes.nc.us
In addition to the above forms you will also need to submit the following documents.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A copy of your high school diploma or GED.
- A copy of your driver’s license.
- A copy of your social security card.
- A copy of any DD-214 for you. (If you were ever in the military.)
- A detailed credit history report.
- If you have completed BLET or Detention Officer School we will need a copy of your certificate.
Pre-employment background record checks in any county where you have lived or attended school.
This is obtained through the local Clerk’s Office of the county where the address is located.
Please make certain that all documents are signed and dated and those that are required to be notarized have been.
Should there be any question please feel free to contact the Sheriff’s Office at (336) 593-8787.