Medicaid Transportation Services
This service assists Stokes County residents needing transportation to and from medical providers.
Eligible individuals must be receiving full Medicaid benefits for this service and must make a request three business days in advance of appointment. Medicaid transportation is provided for the least expensive mode available and appropriate for the beneficiary.
Transportation is provided to the nearest medical provider (unless a referral is received from the primary physician).
Gas Vouchers are completed within 3-5 days of receiving confirmation/verification of receipt of Medicaid covered service.
So that we may provide the best services possible, when leaving a message please list the following:
- Name of person going to the doctor
- Current Address (If we do not have a current address, we cannot go back and pick you up)
- Current working phone number
- Name of doctor office AND the doctor you are seeing
- Complete street address for medical provider including the city
- Date and time of appointment (can’t just leave the day
- Type of appointment
- Transportation type– van or gas voucher
- Number of people riding with you
Note: If you need a car/booster seat, please specify the age and weight of the child needing it.