Public Notice: LIHEAP Block Grant Plan
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) provides heating, cooling, crisis, and weatherization assistance. States are given broad latitude under block grant funding to design and operate their own programs, under certain restrictions.
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is seeking public comment on the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program Block Grant Plan for Federal Fiscal Year 2022, which outlines how the federal LIHEAP block grant funds will be spent in North Carolina in federal fiscal year 2021-2022.
The revisions include:
• Updated Federal Poverty Guidelines which are effective October 1, 2021. Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP), Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) and the Summer Cooling Program will operate on the 150% Federal Poverty Level temporarily for FY 22.
• LIEAP Heating Program will allow the priority group of households with individuals 60 or older or disabled receiving DAAS services to start applying November 1, 2021 instead of December 1st.
• Temporary Summer Cooling Program will begin July 1st – September 30th, 2022.
• The maximum benefit amount for the Crisis Intervention Program (CIP) will be increased to $1,000 instead of $600 temporarily for FY 22.
• Resources will not be counted temporarily for any Energy program for FY 22.
The plan may be viewed from August 16-20, 2021 at the following locations:
• Online on the Division of Social Services website
DSS Public Notices Website
• On all 100 Counties DSS websites
County DSS Directory
A virtual public hearing will be held Friday August 20, 2021 at 1 pm. To register please use the link https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/231815950985422091
Comments will be accepted until 5 pm on Monday, August 23, 2021. Comments can be emailed to Jasmyne Simmons at Jasmyne.Simmons@dhhs.nc.gov
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, the Board of Trustees of Stokes Reynolds Memorial Hospital, Inc. will meet on Monday, July 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm located on the 2nd Floor of the Administrative Building in the Commissioners Chambers, 1014 Main Street, Danbury, NC 27016.
Closed session as needed.
Chairman Rick Morris
Board of Trustees
Stokes-Reynolds Memorial Hospital, Inc.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, the Stokes County Board of Commissioners will hold a Special Meeting with a Closed Session on Tuesday July 20, 2021 at 3:00 pm. The meeting will be held in the Commissioners Chambers located on the 2nd floor of the Ronald Reagan Building (Administrative Building) 1014 Main Street Danbury NC 27016.
Closed Session for the Following Rationale:
- To consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body, which privilege is hereby acknowledged pursuant G.S. 143-318.11(a)(3)
- To consider and take action with respect to the position to be taken by the county in negotiating the price or other material terms of an agreement for the acquisition or lease of real property pursuant to G.S. 143-318.11(a)(5)
The Public Is Invited to Attend the Open Portion of the Meeting.
Clerk to the Board