Women, Infants, and Children
What Is WIC?
WIC is a special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants, and children funded by the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Nutritious foods
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding support
- Community and health care referrals
Who is Eligible?
WIC serves pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children 1-5 years of age. Participants must also:
- Live in North Carolina
- Meet WIC federal income guidelines
- Have health or nutrition risk factor*
* Nutrition/health risk are determined during the nutrition assessment completed at the time of your appointment.
Please contact your Local WIC Agency to schedule your appointment to determine program eligibility. Walk-Ins will be accommodated if appointment times permit.
USDA Prescreening tool: https://wic.fns.usda.gov/wps/pages/preScreenTool.xhtml
Stokes County Health Department
1009 Main St.
Danbury, NC 27016
(336) 593-2402 Phone
Monday—Thursday: 8 am-5:30 pm
Friday: 8 am-5 pm
South West Service Center
104 Hartgrove Rd.
King, NC 27021
(336) 985-2727 Phone
Monday—Wednesday: 8 am-5 pm
Closed for lunch: 12 pm-1 pm
(336) 593-2402 - For more information or to schedule an appointment.
Non Discrimination Statement:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider. http://nutritionnc.com/nondiscrimination.htm
North Carolina WIC Program: http://nutritionnc.com/wic/index.htm